MBA or Masters of Business Administration is a popular post-graduation choice among students in India and abroad. Lakhs of students seeking a career in the management field opt for an MBA degree to kick start a career in the corporate world. Continue reading to know more about MBA, specializations, after MBA jobs and MBA salary in India.
Talking about MBA, it is a 2-year PG program that lays emphasis on brushing up your managerial skills with a special focus on human resource management, leadership, entrepreneurship, marketing, innovation, and so on and so forth. Students with a background in any stream that is science, commerce, or humanities can choose to move forward with an MBA degree. That is why it is a popular course choice for higher studies.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Admissions
- UG degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum score of 50% and 45% for reserved candidates.
- A valid score in entrance exams. There are various national, state level and other entrance exams conducted by B-schools for admission into MBA.
- Some of the popular national-level entrance exams include CAT, MAT, and CMAT.
The MBA program offers a wide range of specializations to provide you with countless opportunities and possibilities as per your area of interest. These specializations are listed below:
- Information Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Business Management
- Analytics Management
- Logistics Management
- Event Management
- Operation Management
- Health Care Management
Top IIMs and B-Schools in India
Here is a list of the top Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and Business Schools in India as per the NIRF rankings:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon
After MBA Jobs and Salary
The table given below mentions various job profiles and MBA salary in India:
|Average Annual Salary
|Senior Business Analyst
|Human Resource Generalist
|Business Development Manager
|Human Resource Manager
|Business Development Executive
|Project Manager (IT)
|Assistant Human Resource Manager
|Business Analyst (IT)
|Area Sales Manager
|Senior Sales Executive
|Regional Sales Manager
Factors Influencing MBA Salary in India
There are certain factors that influence the salary after MBA. The considerable factors are listed below:
The specialization you choose plays an important role in determining your salary after your MBA. Take, for example, finance, business, marketing, and IT pay higher than human resources, or health care management.
Different cities offer different salaries as per the cost of living and market value. Gurgaon is considered the highest paying market, followed by Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune and other metropolitan cities.
Type of Company
Depending on the company requirements, revenue and size of the company, the salary brackets vary. Companies like Microsoft and DELL offer a higher salary after MBA in comparison to other companies.
The MBA salary is also affected by the job profile that you choose. For example, investment bankers, project managers, business development managers, etc are considered the highest-paid job profiles after MBA.
Just like any other domain, experience and expertise matter a lot in deciding the salary after MBA. The more the experience, the higher the MBA salary will be.
This article has discussed the MBA salary in India in detail. If you want to know more about MBA course programs and the top colleges for MBA in India, visit CollegeSearch, a global platform that connects students, colleges, and alumni.